Outside

This song is beautiful to me. Its possible its because its been the 'story' of my life. This touches me, I hope you go download the song if you arent familiar with it. The acoustic version is incredible.



And you

Bring me to my knees

Again

All the times

That I could beg you please

In vain

All the times

That I felt insecure

For you

But I leave

My burdens at the door

But I'm on the outside

And I'm looking in

I can see through you

See your true colors

'Cause inside your ugly

Your ugly like me

I can see through you

See to the real you



All the times

That I felt like this won't end

Was for you

And I taste

What I could never have

It's from you

All the times

That I've tried

My intentions

Full of pride

But I waste

More time than anyone

But I'm on the outside

And I'm looking in

I can see through you

See your true colors

'Cause inside your ugly

Your ugly like me

I can see through you

See to the real you



All the times

That I've cried

All this wasted

It's all inside

And I feel

All this pain

Stuffed it down

It's back again

And I lie

Here in bed

All alone

I can't mend

But I feel

Tomorrow wil be OK

But I'm on the outside

And I'm looking in

I can see through you

See your true colors

'Cause inside your ugly

Your ugly like me

I can see through you

See to the real you







Thats what he had. Thats what he gave up. His loss. Im done. Moving on. And I feel good about it. I decided that the first day of 2005 I will make a resolution. The only one Ive ever made. When I promise myself something, I am forced to stick to it. Ive never failed, thus the fear in making them. The laziness.



My new years resolution will be to remove all the fake people from my life. To get rid of the sell outs. If you cant be real, you cant be my friend. Im going to take what I want from 2005, instead of kindly waiting for it. Instead of being the compassionate, respectful one, Im going to demand it up front, or Im not wasting my time with another soulless individual.

Comments

  1. As I've said before, Be strong Be free and Be yourself. This world doesn't give handouts, it doesn't appologize, and it's not nice. We must forge our own place and take care of our own hearts. You are Joy, and it's a pretty damn good thing to be.
    I like the song, but prefer the electric version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds familire, who sings it?
    Sorry that you have so many souless people in your life. I can't vouch for everyone, but I know several people who have twisted souls so I can kind of relate. If all they bring is sorrow and pain your better off without them.
    Also, don't wait for New Years, start your resolutions today. New Years is just a man made point of renewal. In our lives everyday can be a new start if we want it to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. right on! i have the exact same attitude about this coming year. and right now. and that's a big change for me. no more bruised wallflower, taking what i'm given and putting up with it when its total crap. i'm ready to get out there and make it all happen. time to take control of my own life.

    hehe, i had a moment, sorry. ;-)

    Joy,it sounds like you've been through absolute hell, the kind that would break most people. it also sounds like you're more than getting through it, you're overcoming it. not everyone is capable of that. not everyone finds that inner strength, or it comes too late. i don't even know you, but you are cool beyond words. :-) you sound like a 'survivor' that will even break out of that. from the few that are able to really be 'survivors' there emerges a few 'transcenders.' you sound like that's where you're heading.

    awesome. a real woman. i wish you a glorious 2005!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, been to rought times, there's no way to describe how some people think the world it's just for them.
    They don't think about other people's feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment